We have been given the green light to go ahead with the refurbishment of the children’s wards at St George’s Hospital in Tooting. The work will start in March with Nicholls ward and The Pinckney Ward, where Christian spent a lot of time, will come next. We are very proud to say that the Christian Blandford Fund will be funding the majority of this work and have pledged £100,000 for the project.
We have spent over 10 years trying to push for these improvements so are delighted with the news. Thank you Darren Bowler, one of the CBF trustees for your perseverance in pushing this forward.
This brings us nicely to the next hurdle, the £100,000! If you can not join us for the triathlon but would like to help please consider sponsoring me and Claudia here.
The sign ups for the Christian Blandford Fund Triathlon are going really well, but we are still short of the target 70 people we would like to have partaking. Please forward this to somebody who may be interested in joining us for a great weekend while fund raising for this very important and targeted project. If you are thinking about signing up and haven’t done so yet, please do so now here.
Those of you who have decided to join us, thank you! This next bit is for you:
- If you have any friends or family who you think would like to join you please encourage them to join, we could do with just a few more signing up.
- We hope all participants will donate £99 each before the event to help cover event costs, the Blandfords have made a donation to cover the rest. If you have not done so please do so here
- Please makes sure you have registered with skyline
- Please set up a just giving fund raising page and share it with friends, family and co workers. Search for “CBF” in organised event and select no to “Have any of your selected charities contributed to the cost of your event?”
- If your company has some kind of a matching or charity donation scheme please look into it for us. Claudia or I are very happy to pitch to any companies if that is required.
- We are staying at the Lodore Falls Hotel and and Skyline have negotiated a preferential rate of £120 per person per night for dinner bed and breakfast. They have held a mixture of twins and doubles and should have contacted you about it. If you would like to stay somewhere else that is absolutely fine, you can search for hotels here
- Claudia and I are getting the 1430 train from London, Euston to Penrith (North Lakes) on the Friday 18th May. Let us know if you book the train too so that we can organise for a mini bus or taxi to pick us all up. We return on the 1207 train on the Sunday 20th May, arriving at Euston at 1518.
- Any more questions? look at the FAQ and feel free to contact us
- Finally and most importantly, thank you for being part of our team, we are delighted you are with us!